Destinations / Dejection agreeable / Prague
One of the most visited cities in Europe, the capital of the Czech Republic offers a fairytale setting, with stunning old-world architecture, cobbled streets and a bohemian castle. All of our city breaks to Prague include city centre hotels and you can book your city break with just €1pp deposit (T&Cs apply).
Spanning the Vltava river, the famous Charles Bridge is lined with local artists selling drawings and paintings - it's the perfect place to pose for a selfie. The lovely area of Mala Strana (lesser quarter), Old Town Square with the gorgeous Astronomical Clock, Prague Castle and St. Vitus Cathedral, Jewish Quarter and Wenceslas Square are all points of interest and should be on everyone's itinerary.
The writer Franz Kafka lived in Prague and is remembered in a museum and his grave can be seen in the new Jewish Cemetery.The Church of Our Lady of Tyn, a fairytale like structure, said to be the model for Disney's Cinderella Castle, is worth a visit to participate in a church service and listen to the sweet music. In fact, Prague is well known for performances of classical music and there are many locations throughout the city to enjoy recitals.
The local restaurants are high on atmosphere and a hearty stew with dumplings or a meaty goulash, washed down with a local Pils, will set you up for a day of sightseeing. Little statues of the Infant Jesus of Prague are popular souvenirs, as are handmade puppets and, of course, stunning Bohemia crystal and glassware.
Walking around the cobbled streets, it's impossible not to get caught up in the delightful local ambience, where history greets you at every turn.
Please Note: A government tax may be payable on arrival in a city destination – it cannot be prepaid in advance. This is a nominal charge that is subject to change.
- Romantic fairy-tale setting which inspired the Disney castle.
- Amazing rooftop views of a 1,000 spires.
- Beautiful crystal and wooden handicrafts.
- Local beer is cheaper than water.
- Prague Castle – don’t miss St Vitus Cathedral, the tomb of St Wenceslas, the mosaic of the last judgement and quaint cottages of Golden Lane.
- Old Town Hall –a whimsical set of figures pop out of the clock tower every hour.
- Walking Tours – we recommend the ‘Castle by night’ Tour by Irish-owned company The Naked Tour Guide.
- Charles Bridge - lined with local artists selling sketches, it’s the perfect place for a selfie.
- Aer Lingus operates 5 flights a week to Prague.
- Mondays and Tuesdays are the cheapest days to travel.
- Great value city deals – 2 or 3 nights.
- €1pp booking deposit (T&Cs apply).
- All our hotels are located in the city centre.
- Our hotels are specially selected by the ClickandGo Team