Destinations / Spain / Costa Del Sol / Benalmadena
Subjects to to Benalmádena
Golden stretches of beach, a wide variety of quality restaurants, vibrant nightlife and a plethora of family-friendly activities make Benalmádena a premier resort along the Costa del Sol.
Benalmádena consists of three distinct areas offering something different to holidaymakers:
- Benalmádena Costa is where you’ll find hotels, bars and, most importantly, the beach. It’s also home to Puerto Marina, the opulent marina and shopping district.
- Benalmádena Pueblo is the old town of Benalmadena where you'll find traditional whitewashed Andalusian buildings, craft shops and restaurants.
- Arroyo del la Miel is the main centre with markets, shops and attractions galore including the Tivoli World amusement park and cable car.
The beach has plenty good local bars and 'chiringuitos' to escape the midday sun, ideal for a long leisurely lunch or cool drink to enjoy views of the beach. The marina is constructed in the Moorish style, complete with turrets and crenellated edges. At night, the reflections on the water make for idyllic views from any of the large selection of restaurants or bars which overhang the marina.
Located close to Torremolinos, Fuengirola and Malaga, you can easily take a local bus and visit one of these neighbouring towns and experience more of the Costa del Sol.
Things to do in Benalmádena
- Tivoli World - This amusement park has over 40 attractions from a giant ferris wheel to a 60-meter free fall so there’s something for all ages.
- Sea Life - Visit the Otter Oasis, get a feel for life under the sea in the rockpool and watch sharks, rays and seahorses being fed at Benalmádena's Aquarium.
- Selwo Marina - Meet penguins, dolphins and see a wide range of tropical reptiles, amphibians and fish in Andalusia's only marine park.
- Butterfly Park - Get up close to over 150 species and 1500 butterflies from all over the world in the spectacular Thai temple.
- Cable Car - Go from the Costa 800m up to the peak of Mount Calamorro for stunning views of the coastline and scenic walks.
Benalmádena is only a short transfer from Malaga airport and with a wide range of accommodation in Benalmádena, we have your holiday covered. Booking 10 weeks in advance? Secure your holiday with just €1 deposit per person.